About This Course
IATA Cargo Introductory Course
With over 52 million tons of cargo shipped annually, the air cargo industry is the place to be. Prepare yourself to work in the industry with this comprehensive course. You will learn about basic IATA cargo rules and procedures, how freight forwarders and airline cargo units operate, plus much more. This course is mandated for IATA Cargo Agents in accordance with the IATA Cargo Agency Resolutions.
Cargo is handled at thousands of airports around the world by multiple handlers, posing a potential risk for deviations in quality and consistency. These courses will help you make sense of changing standards, best-practice and procedures so you can ensure consist operations. Our cargo courses and diplomas provide you with step-by-step guidance on how to accept, handle and process a wide variety of shipments safely and efficiently, according to the latest industry standards.
What you will learn?
- Guide clients on the IATA rules and procedures for air freight shipments
- Arrange air cargo shipments in accordance with IATA rules and procedures
- Apply published rates and charges for air cargo shipments
- Complete air waybills accurately
- Prepare shipments ready for carriage
- Air cargo acceptance, basic rating principles, operations at cargo agencies, airlines, and freight forwarders
- Air cargo acceptance basic rating principles
- Air waybill completion
- Industry terminology and abbreviations
- IATA geography, TACT, OAG, and other cargo manuals
An IATA Diploma is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 60% or higher on all exercises and exams.
A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.