About This Course
IATA Cargo Advanced Rating and Marketing
Since 1977, IATA has developed cargo agent training with the help of experts from member airlines and associations. This course uses our expertise to provide knowledge on cargo rating principles and Air Waybill completion, as well as basic marketing procedures. This course is the ideal way for you to refresh your knowledge and learn new skills for career development.
What you will learn?
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to
- Apply advanced construction and combination principles for unpublished rates
- Calculate rates and charges for mixed consignments, Unit Load Devices (ULDs) and complete air waybill
- Describe and use pricing strategies
- Determine an advertising budget and plan, selecting advertising media channels
- Basic cargo rating principles and currency regulations, conversion rates, rounding off procedures and construction rates
- Combining rates and charges, mixed consignments, declaration of the goods and Air Waybill completion
- Identifying the needs of the shipper and the consignee for developing a reliable and affordable transportation system
- Applying traditional and digital advertising techniques with an airfreight industry focus
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 60% or higher on all exercises and exams.
A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.