About This Course
IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) – Initial
This course is designed for freight forwarder staff who either have no prior DGR training or who have not updated their training during the past 24 months. This course fulfills ICAO and IATA training requirements and qualifies you to handle and process dangerous goods for carriage of by air for a 24-month period. You can renew your qualification before its expiration date with the relevant recurrent training course.
Dangerous Goods Regulations(DGR)
Some items may endanger the safety of an aircraft or persons on board, and the air transportation of these dangerous materials can either be forbidden or restricted. We work closely with local governments and ICAO to develop regulations that are effective and efficient, and that ensures the safe transport of dangerous goods by air. Our DGR courses and diplomas help you to stay up-to-date with the latest industry regulations and procedures, and ensures that your dangerous goods shipments comply.
What you will learn?
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to
- Apply the IATA DGR to common work situations
- Understand related legal aspects and responsibilities of shippers, agents, and airlines
- Identify dangerous goods permitted for transport and their DGR categories
- Pack, mark, and label dangerous goods
- Complete a Shipper’s Declaration for dangerous goods
- Follow general emergency procedures when a damaged package is discovered
- Contents of the IATA DGR, goods classes and divisions
- Identification, packing, marking, labelling, and documentation requirements
- Radioactive materials
An IATA DGR CAT 3 Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams.
A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.