About This Course
IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) – Recurrent
Completing this course fulfills ICAO and IATA training requirements and extends your qualification to handle and process dangerous goods for an additional 24 months. To be eligible for this course, you must hold a valid DGR Certificate at the time of your recurrent exam. If you do not meet the requirements for recurrent training, please see the relevant initial training course.
What you will learn?
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to
- Apply the IATA DGR correctly
- Understand all legal aspects and responsibilities of shippers, agents and operators (airlines) involved in the carriage of dangerous goods
- Identify dangerous goods permitted for transport and the DGR categories
- Pack, mark, and label dangerous goods correctly
- Complete the Shipper’s Declaration for Dangerous Goods
- Follow general emergency procedures when a damaged/leaking package is discovered
- Contents of the IATA DGR, goods classes and divisions
- Identification, packing, marking, labelling, and documentation requirements
- Radioactive materials
An IATA DGR CAT 3 Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams.
A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.